December 12, 2005

Goodbye Nach Baliye

`Nach Baliye', the very popular celebrity dance show on the channel Star One is coming to an end this thursday on December 15th. I am heartbroken and truly saddened. Watching `Nach Baliye', on every Thursday had become a habit. It was something I looked forward to every week.

Credit goes to `Nach Baliye' for making me a TV addict on Thursday's. The show is a wonderful concept. It is somewhere between a dance competition for small screen celebrity couples and a reality show. It is not purely a dance competition because the participants bitch, crib and complain just the way people do in reality shows like `Indian Idol'.

Although I hate reality shows, `Nach Baliye' captured my heart. It was so much fun to watch couples like Supriya and Sachin (of the `Tu Tu Main Main' serial fame) and Rajeshwari and Varun Badola (who became famous after his role in the serial `Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand') give mindblowing performances. The chemistry between some of the couples like Poonam and Manish for instance sizzles and it is so heartening to see the couples console each other after a bad performance.

The couples have their own choreographers who come from ace choreographer Saroj Khan's stable. The choreographers are too good and the show turned out to be a great platform for these guys to show their talent. I liked Rajiv Surti in particular. His choreography on Rajeshwari and Varun Badola was just amazing. Best thing about the show is that the winning jodi's choreographers get to take home a cash prize of Rs 20 lakhs.

The judges-Malaika Arora, Farhan Akhtar and Saroj Khan rock. It helps that all the three are super cool dancers themselves. Fact is I didn't know that Farhan was a dancer till I saw him on the show. Oh god... I can just go on raving about `Nach Baliye'. This thursday is the grand finale of the show. Sachin-Supriya and Poonam-Manish will be competing for the coveted cash prize of Rs 50 lakhs. I am putting my money on Sachin and Supriya since this couple is extremely versatile and both of them are equally good dancers. Can't wait to see who wins. But with the final, the show will come to an end. I will miss you `Nach Baliye'!

1 Comments:

Blogger Imran said...

I heard the name of the programme for the first time. Looks like I missed something nice. :-)

3:38 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home